What is microblading?
Microblading is a cosmetic tattoo for eyebrows. We create the desires fullness and shape of the eyebrow. Results look natural and flawless as hair effect is recreated on the skin.
- Creates full and even brows.
- Sweat proof and waterproof.
- Camouflage any scars and sparse areas.
- This process is semi-permanent, which allows you to adjust your brow shape as you age.
- Stop using any skin thinners (Vitamin A, glycolic acids, exfoliation) on the brow area 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Any waxing or brow shaping should be done at least 2 days in advance.
- If you tint your brows, tint at least one week in advance.
- DO NOT consume alcohol, caffeine or take any blood thinners (aspirin, ibuprofen, Niacin 48 hours before your procedure, this will cause you to bleed more and may affect your results).
- You may experience hypersensitivity and more pain around or during your menstrual cycle.
- We will not be able to tattoo over any blemishes, sores, and moles in or around the brow area.
Is this painful?
The pain varies from person to person.
Two separate numbing agents are used prior and during the procedure to ensure comfort. It is highly recommended to avoid tattooing during a menstrual cycle because the skin can be hypersensitive. Clients have compared the procedure with eyebrow threading, plucking multiple hairs at once, or a light scratch of the skin.
- Consultation is needed before an appointment can be made.
- Appointments include a 30-minute more in-depth consultation where we will shape and design a set of brows that enhance your features.
- Numbing (30min). A topical anesthetic is applied for 30 minutes prior to the procedure to insure maximum comfort. During the procedure a separate numbing agent is used to enhance numbing effects.
- Tattooing can range from 60-90 minutes.
- The pigment color(s) are then implanted in the top dermal layer to create hair like strokes that mimic the appearance of natural brow hair within the designed brow shape.
What to expect right after
Redness is very minimal and there are no visible signs of swelling. Clients can return to work immediately after the procedure. Any redness will subside within the day. After the numbing wears off there will be slight discomfort, which is described as a sunburn sensation. Immediately after the procedure the brows will appear crisp and dark. As the pigment oxidizes the brows will look darker for the first 3-5 days. After the scabbing starts peeling, lighter and softer feather strokes will be present. The color will continue to soften for the next 6 weeks.
It takes about 2 weeks for the superficial layer of skin to close and heal. Deeper dermal layers of the skin will take up to 6 weeks to fully heal. The first 3-5 days the brows will appear dark (especially for light skin and light haired clients) light peeling will start around day 4 or 5, which will reveal much lighter and softer hair strokes.
What will my brow look like healed?
There are absolutely NO guarantees with cosmetic tattooing. Results will vary depending on skin type, lifestyle, and the immediate and long-term aftercare by the client. Once the scabbing peels the color will reduce 30%-50%. The hair strokes will appear softer and more muted (oily skin types, hair strokes may heal softer and more powdery while drier skin types may heal crisper and more defined). The color will fully settle in about 6 weeks. You may experience some patchiness after your first session but do not worry we will perfect them at the second session.
An annual touchup is highly recommended to maintain you brows. It is ultimately up to the client to decide when it is time for a touch up. There are a few touchup options 6mo, 9mo or 1 year. Oilier skin types will tend to fade quicker than drier skin. Long tern aftercare is crucial to the longevity of your brow investment.
How long does it last?
Last anywhere from 12-18 months depending on:
- Lifestyle, sun exposure and skin types.
- A majority of clients require 2 sessions to have their brows perfected.
- The first touch up is done 5-6weeks after the first session to perfect the brows and add density.
- Clients with little to no natural brow hairs, or have corrected work may need additional touchups.
If pregnant or nursing
- We will not perform this procedure what you are pregnant or breastfeeding. This is only to ensure safety and a peace of mind.
Aftercare is crucial! It is very important to follow these instructions for the full 10-day healing period to ensure proper healing and color retention. Result will vary for all individuals and we cannot guarantee your results.
- Let your brow tattoo DRY HEALFOR 48 HOURS after the procedure.
- Use saline wipes or a cotton pad with lukewarm water to gently clean your brow tattoo 1 time a day after the procedure to keep the eyebrow tattoo clean.
- After the 24-48 hour healing period, lightly moisturize your brows 1-2 times a day as needed for 2 WEEKS (you can use any fragrance free moisturizer like Lubriderm or Cetaphil).
What to expect
- Do not expect your brow tattoo to heal perfectly after the first session. This is a 2-step process, sometimes multiple steps.
- BE PATIENT during your 2-week healing time. Your brows will change and appear different from day to day, THIS IS NORMAL.
- Immediately after your procedure, brows will appear darker and more defined and this will last up to 2 weeks. Your brow tattoo can appear more solid, hair strokes may seem to disappear and it may look wet and painted on. THIS IS NORMAL!
- Around days 4-5 you will experience scabbing and your brows may look dry and flakey. DO NOT PICK your scabs let them fall off naturally. If scabbing comes off prematurely, missing hair strokes will result and cause patchy brows.
- You brow tattoo will take 6-8 weeks to fully heal. When the scabbing comes off the hair strokes may seem faint, this is because a fresh layer of skin has healed over the brow tattoo. Give your brows a few weeks and the hair strokes will become clear.
- You may experience itchiness in the brows after 10 days and up to 2 months because of the healing of the dermal layer
Things not to do
- DO NOT go on any sunny vacations and avoid the tanning booth! Excessive UV exposure will alter the pigment of your tattoo.
- DO NOT use laser light therapy on your brow tattoo. This can darken, lighten and distort the pigment.
- DO NOT run direct water on your brow tattoo. This is crucial for the first few days! You don’t want to wash out any pigment.
- DO NOT use cleansers, soaps or any other creams on your brows. Wash around the area using a cleaning cloth or makeup wipe.
- DO NOT use Vaseline or Neosporin on your tattoo.
- DO NOT apply makeup on your brows for 2 weeks.
- DO NOT use exfoliantsor retinol acids or AHA’s on the area for 30 days after the appointment. This will fade the tattoo prematurely.
- DO NOT exercise or sweat for 10 days. Sweating may discolor or prematurely fade your tattoo.
- DO NOT go into saunas, pools and steam rooms.
- DO NOT get any massages, facials or skin treatments during the healing process.
- This is a two-step process. The first session is used to build the shape of the brow and gain symmetry. The second session is used to perfect the brows and add density.
- The FIRST TOUCH UP or Second Session is done within the first 5-6weeks.
- It is your responsibility to book your touch up appointments. With the high demand it usually take about 2 months to get a touchup appointment so please plan accordingly. If your tattoo comes back faded additional charges may apply.
- Do not expect perfect results after the first session.
- Darker skin clients, permanent makeup will not look as bold or as sharp compared to lighter skin clients.
- Some client’s skin may have a harder time retaining pigment and may require additional sessions.
Long Term Care
- THERE IS NO GUARANTEE OF RESULTS, everyone’s results will vary due to skin types, lifestyle, and the initial 10day care and long-term care of your tattoo.
- Use at least SPF 50 to protect your brows, sun exposure will cause fading and can alter the color of your tattoo.
- Do not use chemical exfoliantson the brows; this will cause the brows to fade quicker.
- Do not use lasers on the brow area, some lasers will change the color of the ink
- As the tattoo fades the strokes will get faint and less defined.
- Maintenance is required to maintain desired results. Touch ups are done on average every 9-12 months to maintain your brow tattoo.
- Hair strokes typically last 1-2 years.
- First microbladingsession
- Healing balm for aftercare
- Your 5-6 week perfecting session (2ndsession)
- One additional touchup if necessary.
6+ Month Color Pop Session $100
9+ Month Color Pop Session $150
12+ Month Color Pop Session $200
Pricing is subject to change.
If you have any further questions regarding the microblading process please contact Anna at 574-243-7506.